06 Dec Recruiting: MOAS & XChange Foundation Seek 4 ESC Volunteers for 12-Month Paid Placement
These placements, for 12 months each, are targeted at UK residents and are an opportunity for career-minded, highly motivated young people to gain experience in one of the world’s leading humanitarian organizations. The initiative is funded by the European Commission and provides participants with funding to cover flights, accommodation, insurance and a small stipend to contribute toward living costs for the duration of the placement. For more information on the ESC scheme more generally please visit https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/opportunities/individuals/young-people/european-voluntary-service_en
The volunteers will be mentored within various teams at MOAS including communications, fundraising, PR and research, some of which will be led by MOAS’ research arm, XChange Foundation. Volunteers’ interests and areas of expertise will be taken into consideration when allocating tasks.
We are looking for motivated individuals with a strong interest or experience in the fields of humanitarian assistance, development and/or migration.
Profile: UK residents between the ages of 18 and 30 available to start in mid-January 2019.
Interests: Potential candidates should also be interested in the following topics: law, development studies, humanitarian studies, social science, political science, migration studies, journalism, fundraising etc.
Skills: Motivation, self- discipline, sense of initiative, ability to work well in a team.
These positions will offer volunteers:
- Experience working/volunteering in I/NGOs or humanitarian organisations
- Research experience (qualitative and quantitative)
- An opportunity to grow existing video and photo editing skills
- Experience in fundraising and campaigning, including learning how to craft language for advocacy campaigns
- Skills development in media/communications/social media
- Knowledge development in migration and human rights, with a focus on the Mediterranean and Asian context
- Opportunities to practice Italian and French translation and conversation
How to Apply:
Send your CV and a cover letter in PDF/Word format to email@example.com with clear reference to ESC your covering email.