Mobile Medical Team, South East Asia
Internationally renowned NGO the Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS) is looking for a Team Leader for our Core Mobile Medical Team (Core MMT). We have a 5-year history of providing search-and-rescue capabilities in the world’s deadliest maritime border crossings, with past operations in the Central Mediterranean, Aegean and Andaman Seas, during which we rescued over 40,000 people. Since 2017 our operations in the Rohingya camps of Cox’s Bazar have included the running and providing of 2 aid stations which treated over 90,000 patients, the delivery of 40 tons of food aid and an extensive training programme for local volunteers in swift-water flood rescue and water safety.
We’re looking for a dynamic and hard-working individual to join our new Core MMT Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The Core MMT will assist and oversee camp MMTs and provide ‘in-field’ care and emergency response throughout the monsoon and landslide season. Let’s talk if this sounds like the kind of challenging, meaningful work you have been looking for.
- Directly supervise all MMT staff.
- Take responsibility for the overall technical and administrative oversight of the MMT services, including decisions related to team safety during employment.
- Coordinate directly with Site Management to update on MMT status in the camps.
- Coordinate directly with dispatch on referrals.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and technical support to the MMT staff to ensure the delivery of high-quality health services.
- Ensure the maintenance of an efficient inventory of drugs, medical supplies, and equipment.
- Proven leadership and team management skills
- Experience working in disaster management or search and rescue
- Experience working in the local and/or international humanitarian/SAR context
- Effective mentorship skills
- Ability to provide motivation and guidance for team members
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Understanding of basic emergency medical treatment in a field context (desirable)
- Excellent written and spoken Bengali is a requirement
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Ability to communicate in Rohingya or Chittagong Bengali is an asset (desirable)
- Experience within a Search-and-rescue context (desirable)
- Leadership/ Management qualifications (desirable)
Contract Term: 4.5 months (mid-July – end November)
Remuneration: 120,000 BDT / month
To Apply please send an up to date CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by no later than Friday 12th July specifying the position you are applying for and detailing you suitability for the role. Please include any relevant experience and qualifications in your application.
For more information on our organisation please go to www.moas.eu