PR & Communications Coordinator
Department: PR & Communications Reports to: Director
The PR & Communications Coordinator shall be responsible for providing and distributing all communications and PR content and managing all online platforms and print materials. The PR & Communications Coordinator will also be responsible for the Comms/PR team (including interns) and for liaising with journalists and media outlets, managing the logistic and content coordination for spokespeople at events and organizing the organizations public facing events. He/she must be creative, ambitious, proactive and energetic with plenty of ideas and solutions for designing, writing and communicating optimized content. Candidate must be willing to re-locate to Malta, working from the MOAS Head Office.
- Responsible for handling media, public relations, research initiative and external communications
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of press releases.
- Must research and create content for publication on the NGO’s websites
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of the PR agenda
- Create and implement the social media strategy, including monitoring of the organization’s mentions and migration related materials, moderate public commentary on social media platforms and to ensure social media channels remain engaging and active, including live tweeting from events etc.
- Prepare talking points and background info for interviews and speeches
- Coordinate calendars and schedules to ensure effective time management and prioritization of engagements where needed
- Provide administrative support and ad hoc activities as necessary
- Support the MOAS organization with other duties as they arise
- Actively seeks to promote a healthy team environment, to maintain and increase overall team morale and individual team members’ job satisfaction
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Mother tongue ideally English or to the least must be bi-lingual
- Must be fluent in written and spoken Italian
- Strong communications skills
- Work experience with an NGO focusing on humanitarian aid is an asset
- Degree in politics, international relations, international development or journalism or equivalent experience working in a relevant field.
- An in depth understanding of the field of migration
- Ability to analyze information and write clear, concise and structures summaries
- Excellent ability to thrive in a sometimes stressful, deadline-driven, environment while working with a closely-knit team
- Ability to work effectively in compliance with internal policies and external constraints
- Must be willing to travel for work
- A good team player and able to work with people at all levels
- Flexible to changes and shows ability to adapt to situations as/when they arise
An attractive remuneration package is being offered to the ideal candidate.