Flood and Water Rescue Training, Program Coordinator
Department: Bangladesh Field Office
Reports to: Director
Timeframe: 6 months
Remuneration: € 1,800 gross of any and all taxes € 35/day ‘per diem’ allowance + accommodation provided
The Flood and Water Rescue Training, Program Coordinator will be based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, supervising and managing MOAS’ operations in country. The role includes reporting duties, registration and administration tasks, training, capacity building and partnership management. The Flood and Water Rescue Training Program Coordinator will report directly to the head office with the organization’s Director as direct line manager.
- Works closely with relevant teams to develop project plans and task lists to ensure that these properly identify resource requirement.
- Preparation and implementation of operations and logistics plans to support all relevant operations
- Manage MOAS’ in-country activities including, but not exclusive to, flood and water safety training for local volunteers, in-country throw bag and bottle ring manufacture and supervision and technical advice for MOAS’ mobile medical team.
- Manage local staff, including HR administration and recruitment.
- Project reporting, including internal M&E and Cluster/ISCG reporting.
- Attendance at cluster and local governmental meetings representing MOAS
- Provide technical expertise in flooding, landslide and disaster preparedness programming throughout the cyclone and monsoon season.
- Control project-budget and spending and manage compliance reporting to local partners and MOAS’ head office.
- Liaise with other agencies in the field, coordinating work and representing MOAS’ projects on the inter-agency level.
- Monitor and encourage MOAS’ in-country registration processes.
- Develop risk-assessment, training and disaster relief programming based on local context.
- Seek out opportunities with UN agencies and other funding bodies for implementing partnerships and service provision.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar management role
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Work experience in the humanitarian/SAR/military/ field medicine
- Qualifications/certification in flood and water rescue, fire rescue, SAR, emergency medicine etc (including training qualifications)
- Excellent ability to thrive in a sometimes stressful, deadline-driven, environment while working with a closely-knit team
- Strong communications skills, particularly across language barriers
- Ability to recognize and work effectively in compliance with internal policies and external constraints
- Must be willing to travel for work
- A good team player and able to work with people at all levels
- Flexible to changes and shows ability to adapt to situation as/when they arise
To apply please send an up to date CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience and suitability to email@example.com. Please title the email “Name Surname, Flood and Water Rescue Training, Program Coordinator Application” in the subject line.