Medical Team Leader
Mobile Medical Team, South East Asia
Internationally renowned NGO the Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS) is looking for a Medical Team Leader for our Core Mobile Medical Team (Core MMT). We have a 5-year history of providing search-and-rescue capabilities in the world’s deadliest maritime border crossings, with past operations in the Central Mediterranean, Aegean and Andaman Seas, during which we rescued over 40,000 people. Since 2017 our operations in the Rohingya camps of Cox’s Bazar have included the running and providing of 2 aid stations which treated over 90,000 patients, the delivery of 40 tons of food aid and an extensive training programme for local volunteers in swift-water flood rescue and water safety.
We’re looking for a dynamic and hard-working individual to join our new Core MMT Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The Core MMT will assist and oversee camp MMTs and provide ‘in-field’ care and emergency response throughout the monsoon and landslide season. Let’s talk if this sounds like the kind of challenging, meaningful work you have been looking for.
- Directly supervise all medical aspects of MMT operation.
- Take responsibility for the overall medical oversight of the MMT services.
- Coordinate with the Team Leader to provide regular updates on the MMT to Site Management.
- Provide leadership and mentorship in a medical capacity to the MMT staff to ensure the delivery of high-quality health services.
- Coordinate with the Team Leader to ensure the maintenance of an efficient inventory of drugs, medical supplies, and equipment.
- Experienced medic, MD or senior registered nurse with at least 3 years previous experience
- Proven leadership and team management skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Strong understanding of emergency medical treatment in a field context (desirable)
- Excellent written and spoken Bengali is a requirement
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Ability to communicate in Rohingya or Chittagong Bengali is an asset (desirable)
- Experience within a Search-and-rescue context (desirable)
- Leadership/ Management qualifications (desirable)
Contract Term: 4.5 months (mid-July – end November)
Remuneration: 84,000 BDT /month
To Apply please send an up to date CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday July 12th specifying the position you are applying for and detailing you suitability for the role. Please include any relevant experience and qualifications in your application.
For more information on our organisation please go to www.moas.eu