Mobile Medical Team, South East Asia
Internationally renowned NGO the Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS) is looking for a Medical Assistant for our Core Mobile Medical Team (Core MMT). We have a 5-year history of providing search-and-rescue capabilities in the world’s deadliest maritime border crossings, with past operations in the Central Mediterranean, Aegean and Andaman Seas, during which we rescued over 40,000 people. Since 2017 our operations in the Rohingya camps of Cox’s Bazar have included the running and providing of 2 aid stations which treated over 90,000 patients, the delivery of 40 tons of food aid and an extensive training programme for local volunteers in swift-water flood rescue and water safety.
We’re looking for a dynamic and hard-working individual to join our new Core MMT Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The Core MMT will assist and oversee camp MMTs and provide ‘in-field’ care and emergency response throughout the monsoon and landslide season. Let’s talk if this sounds like the kind of challenging, meaningful work you have been looking for.
- Provide direct clinical care, working closely with the Team Leader, nurse/ midwife and nurse/ dispenser to ensure the high-quality delivery of the following services:
- Triage and assessment of patients, with referral f severe cases to the nearest health facility.
- Stabilisation of critical patients: A, B, Cs.
- Assisted delivery if required.
- Ensure adherence to infection prevention and control measures.
- Ensure accurate recording of information in the clinic registers, and timely completion of summary reports.
- Report security concerns promptly to the Team Leader.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Proven ability to work well within a team
- Proven ability to work well in high pressure situations
- Experience working in an emergency medical environment
- Excellent written and spoken Bengali is a requirement
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Ability to communicate in Rohingya or Chittagong Bengali is an asset (desirable)
- Experience working in a Search-and-Rescue/ humanitarian context (desirable)
Contract Term: 4.5 months (mid-July – end November)
Remuneration: 42,000 BDT / month
To Apply please send an up to date CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by no later than Friday 12th July specifying the position you are applying for and detailing you suitability for the role. Please include any relevant experience and qualifications in your application.
For more information on our organisation please go to www.moas.eu