Activity Manager/Logistics Operation Officer
Project Integration and Independence Through Educational Resource Provision
MOAS Remote Education & Learning Centre Initiative
Reports to Project Manager/Director
Start date September 2021
End date 31st December 2021
The project will see MOAS establish an ‘independence through integration’ project to empower and help emancipate refugee children and migrants living in a Migrant Centre run by the Agency for the Welfare of Asylum Seekers (AWAS) in Malta. The focus will be on the creation of a space focused on education through access to technology and resources to allow all children and residents of this center to have access to educational facilities, such as lessons, desktop computers with internet, books and learning resources as needed in a functioning learning center.
The Activity Manager will supervise the Open Center Furnishing phase of the project. This phase will see both professional service providers and volunteers from the beneficiary and stakeholder communities come together to furbish the learning center space, based on the findings from the stakeholder consultations.
- Identify service providers and manage procurement
- Coordinate work teams and suppliers throughout the refurbishment process
- Monitor the progress and work quality at the site
- Liaise with camp management regarding access and project activities as needed
- Report back to MOAS head office on progress and engage in M&E activities throughout
- Be responsible for coordinating and monitoring logistics operations such as the creation, inventory, transportation, and supply chain processes.
- Initiates activities that provide for cost effective use of all supplies.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Degree in manufacturing/engineering or degree in interior design or equivalent experience working in a relevant field
- Demonstrated technical skills in coordinating and monitoring logistics operations.
- Demonstrated logistics process problem-solving skills.
- Highly skilled communication abilities to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
To apply please send an up to date CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience and suitability to [email protected] as soon as possible. Please title the email “Name Surname, Activity Manager Application” in the subject line.
For more information on our organisation please go to www.moas.eu