Project Integration and Independence Through Educational Resource Provision
Reports to Project Manager/Director
Start date November 2021
End date August 2023
The project will see MOAS establish an ‘independence through integration’ project to empower and help emancipate refugee children and migrants living in the Malta Open Centers run by the Agency for the Welfare of Asylum Seekers (AWAS) in Malta. The focus will be on the creation of spaces focused on education through access to technology and resources to allow all children and residents of the centers to have access to educational facilities, such as lessons, desktop computers with internet, books and learning resources as needed in a functioning learning center.
In the first phase of the project the Activity Manager will supervise the furnishing and preparation of a designated learning center space within the open center. This phase will see both professional service providers and volunteers from the beneficiary and stakeholder communities come together to furbish the learning center space, based on the findings from the stakeholder consultations.
In the second phase the Activity Manager will take care of the following: to manage the opening of the site, to coordinate the formal education/training activities for residents (such as language classes, literacy/numeracy, computer literacy etc), to manage the “lending library” of technology packs, to register the independent user of the learning centre, to report data to the Project Manager and the Director.
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Degree or equivalent experience working in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating and monitoring of similar projects.
- Ability to collect data for the reporting activities.
- Ability to provide support to tutors, students and visitors of the centre.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Practical competence on Microsoft office tools.
- Highly skilled communication abilities to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
To apply please send an up to date CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience and suitability to [email protected] as soon as possible. Please title the email “Name Surname, Activity Manager Application” in the subject line.
For more information on our organisation please go to www.moas.eu