Videographer / Photographer
Department: Malta Head Office
Reports to: PR/Communications Officer
Timeframe: Consultancy on project basis
Remuneration: Remuneration commensurate on experience and depending on demands of project.
The Photographer/Videographer will be expected to attend field visits or project visits with the MOAS operational team to document the activities and interview participants and staff. In addition to content collection the person will also have access to the MOAS archive of historical footage which can be used to illustrate pieces or provide background as needed. In the case of overseas projects the Photographer/ Videographer must assist the communications team to communicate needs to in-country representatives collecting materials and archive/edit said materials. They will also be responsible for editing such footage, together with MOAS’ archive footage, to produce short videos and edited photo-stories to promote MOAS’ work.
- Developing visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using both photography and videography, to support MOAS communication objectives and audio-visual needs.
- Recording and editing video and sound projects, selecting formats for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-overs, and archiving media projects.
- Editing footage and interviews into a variety of video to be used for broadcast, web, social media outlets, and MOAS internal use.
- Collaborating with Communication Manager and Director to plan video scouting, shoots, selecting, and reserve shoot locations.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English
- Must have access to own editing software and equipment
- Should have a sensitivity toward the humanitarian field and an ability to respect and interact with multiple cultures/communities.
- Ability to recognize and work effectively in compliance with internal policies and external constraints
- A good team player and able to work with people at all levels
- Flexible to changes and shows ability to adapt to situation as/when they arise
To apply please send an up to date CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience and suitability to email@example.com as soon as possible. Please title the email “Name Surname, Photographer/Videographer Application” in the subject line.
For more information on our organisation please go to www.moas.eu